Peal Networking Club allocates to charities £1 of each networking event fee received. We are committed to supporting less well known local and overseas charities, as nominated by members. Donations of £100 each have been made to the following charities:
- July 2012: Small Steps Project [proposed by Alex Monaco]
- February 2012: Brainwaves NI [proposed by Anne Neill]
- July 2010: KIDS FOR KIDS [proposed by Mark Aitken]
- July 2010: Phyliss Tuckwell Hospice [proposed by Margaret Hemus]
- May 2009: Hospice Services at Home TLC [proposed by Peter Searight]
- November 2008: The Lifetrain Trust [proposed by Andrew Sales]
- June 2008: All Bengal Women's Union Home, which looks after displaced girls and women [proposed by Susan Shaw]
- March 2008: The Kenyan Orphan Project [proposed by Ian Leslie]
- October 2007: The Ben Williams Trust [proposed by Paul Grimwood]
The next proposed donations are to Children with Special Needs Foundation [http://www.childrenwithspecialneeds.co.uk/] as proposed by Debra Brook and the Guildford branch of the Citizens Advice Bureau proposed by Nigel Roberts.
We would be happy to hear of any less well supported charities both in the UK and overseas, with a view to making a £100 donation.